Plastic, vascular and reconstructive surgery
The centre for plastic, vascular and reconstructive surgery at Abhishek Hospital is dedicated to providing highest quality medical and surgical services by integrating specialised programs that focus on enhancing the appearance and improving the quality of life of people. With all the advanced facilities and highly skilled professionals, we offer innovative treatments to people facing the need for reconstructive surgery due to a congenital, or as an after-effect of surgery or trauma. Whether it is an issue aroused after the treatment of cancer, traumatic head injuries or conditions like cleft lip or palate, our specialists can help improve the function, mobility and overall quality of life. Our surgeon is also specialised in the most advanced reconstructive procedures, including arm, hand and face defects.
Being a specialist dealing with burn injuries to aesthetic enhancements, from peripheral nerve injuries to congenital deformity corrections- our department is at the forefront of its profession, pioneering different techniques of the industry and applying latest and most innovative approaches to their areas of surgery.
DIVSIONS OF PLASTIC SURGERY
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Wound care and cutaneous surgery
- Burns and Rehabilitation
- Hand Clinic
- Limb Trauma
- Microvascular Surgery
- Cleft Clinic
- The major goal of cosmetic surgeries is to improve a person’s appearance and, thus,self-esteem by changing the way she or he looks. Cosmetic surgery is elective as treated areas function properly. Unlike plastic surgery, cosmetic surgeries entirely focus on a person’s appearance.
- Cosmetic surgeries involves advanced and intricate procedures. Our team of cosmetic surgeons provide extensive preoperative counselling as well as best treatment while taking care of patient’s comfort and privacy.
- Hair restorations
- Face lift (rhytidectomy)
- Abdominoplasty and body contouring
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Gynaecomastia (Male breast reduction)
- Cutaneous surgeries include all surgical procedures involving the removal of skin lesions and correction of scars. Usually, cutaneous surgery is considered when it is required to remove certain lesions or attenuate abnormal or unsightly scars. Day care treatment facilities are also provided to minimise the cost.
- Excision of cutaneous lesions
- Scar revision
- Repair of facial wounds
- Skin cancers
Types of wounds we specialise in treating:
- Venous Stasis ulcers
- Pressure ulcers (bed sores)
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Non-healing surgical wound
- Arterial ulcers
- Traumatic wounds
- Bone infection (Osteomyelitis)
- Skin tears/ Lacerations
- Radiation burns
- Atypical wounds
There are many types of wound care products and dressings in use today. The dressings and products used are carefully selected based on your wound’s individual needs and evidence based practice to promote the right wound environment you body requires to heal.
NPWT (Negative Pressure Wound Therapy)
Negative pressure wound theray promotes wound healing through the use of vacuum assisted closure devices. By delivering negative pressure (vacuum) at the wound site through special dressing, wound edges are drawn together, fluid is removed and healthy tissue growth is promoted at cellular level.
BIO ENGINEERED TISSUE SUBSITUTES:
A skin or tissue substitute is made from either human or bioengineerd tissue and is used to enhance wound closure and serve as a surgical skin for grafting.
Dedicated unit for burn patients
- One to one care
- Complex early surgical intervention for early recovery, minimal hospital stay and minimal post burn deformities
- Regular psychological counselling of the patient
- Post OP long-term care with specially designed pressure garment, splints and physiotherapy
- Day care facility for hand injury problems
- Complex hand injury as well as various congenital anomalies of children
- Dedicated physiotherapy for proper and quick recovery of hand function
If patients have suffered a ‘high energy injury’ such as a major trauma to their upper and lower limbs caused by a road traffic accident, particularly open fractures, they will have to have a limb reconstruction surgery. We coordinate with other relevant specialties to provide all the necessary care at the earliest.
- Soft tissue cover
- Nerve, tendon repairs
Microvascular surgery is a complex procedure done by reconnecting the small blood vessels, thus restoring circulation.
- Free tissue transfer for post traumatic defects
- Free tissue transfer for post ablative defects
- Free functional muscle tranfers
- Vascularised bone transfer
• Peripheral vascular disease
- Smile train affiliated centre
- Free of cost repair of cleft lip, cleft palate deformity and associated surgeries like rhinoplasty and alveolar bone grafting.